Last updated: June 1, 2018
Thank you for your interest in the GuardianAngel® platform (the “Platform”). SentinelSix, LLC (“we” or “us”), either directly or through one of our affiliated companies, operates the Platform. Users can access the Platform via a mobile application (the “GuardianAngel App”) or via our website (the “Website”).
1. What Does the Platform Do?
The Platform provides registered users of the Platform (“Users”) with an online, real-time, situational awareness platform for coordinating and communicating information. We seek to provide our Users with increased peace of mind in the event of an emergency event.
2. What Information Do We Collect?
We collect two types of information, Personal Information and Anonymous Information.
“Personal Information” means any information that could reasonably be used to identify you, including your name, address, email address, birth date, financial information, photograph, telephone number, or any combination of information that could be used to identify you.
“Anonymous Information” is information that does not identify you, and may include statistical information concerning, for example, your use of our Platform, the pages on our Website that you visited, or your proximity to an emergency event.
3. How Do We Collect Your Information?
Registration. In order to obtain full and effective use and benefits from the Platform, we require that you register with us. Our registration form will specify the information that you must provide, which includes (i) name, (ii) address, (iii) phone number, (iv) email address, (v) birth date, and (vi) other information that may be used to identify you.
Geolocation. Users must also enable GPS location services on their mobile devices in order to access all of the functions of the Platform. Please note that enabling GPS location services may affect your mobile device’s battery usage.
Feedback. Individuals may wish to provide us with questions, comments, and feedback concerning the Platform generally. By communicating with us for these purposes, you may provide us with your email address and other Personal Information.
Emails. We may send you email messages that include links to content on our Website. When you click one of these email links, you pass through our web server before arriving at the destination web page. We track this data to help determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications.
Emergency Contacts. The Platform allows you to identify individuals who should receive status updates about their whereabouts in the event of an emergency. In order to allow us to contact those individuals, you will be prompted to identify those individuals’ (i) name, (ii) mobile phone number, (iii) email address, and (iv) relationship to you (“Emergency Contact Information”). Your provision of Emergency Contact Information is optional and you may update or change your Emergency Contact Information at any time. By providing Emergency Contact Information, you represent and warrant that you have obtained the designated individual’s permission to share the Emergency Contact Information with us.
4. How Do We Use Your Information?
Personal Information. We will never use your Personal Information in a way that is prohibited by applicable law. Here are some ways in which we might use your Personal Information:
· Our Business Purposes. We may use your Personal Information for our everyday business purposes, such as to provide the GuardianAngel® services to you, to communicate information and updates to you, and to update our profile about you. Additionally, we may share your Personal Information with companies related to us by common ownership or control, and they may use your Personal Information for their everyday business purposes.
· Geolocation. We may use your geolocation information to determine your proximity to an emergency. If you are near an emergency event, we may (i) provide information to you via the Platform; and (ii) share your geolocation information with first responders and your designated emergency contacts.
· Emergency Contact Information. We will only use the Emergency Contact Information to provide updates to the designated contacts in the event of an emergency.
· Service Providers. From time to time, we may employ companies and individuals to perform certain services on our behalf (such as conducting audits, performing legal services, processing credit card payments, or providing customer service). These third-party service providers may have access to Personal Information, but only to the extent required to perform their assigned roles, and they may not use your Personal Information for any other reason.
· Compliance with Law. We may release Personal Information about you if we believe such a release is necessary to comply with the law or in response to a subpoena or other legal process. We may also your Personal Information to our attorneys or law enforcement agencies if we have a reasonable belief that you (a) you are in risk of harm from another, (b) are harming or interfering (or will harm or interfere) with others, or (c) are violating (either intentionally or unintentionally) our Terms and Conditions or otherwise violating any applicable legal rights, laws, and or regulations of any kind.
5. How Do We Protect Your Information?
To prevent unauthorized access to, maintain data accuracy of, and ensure the correct use of your Personal Information, we have put in place commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure your Personal Information in our possession. However, no security system is perfect, and we cannot guarantee that information you provide to us over the Internet will remain private. We also cannot guarantee that information you transmit to us over the Internet will not be intercepted.
6. Can Children Use the Platform?
The Website is not intended for children under the age of 13. We will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information via the GuardianAngel App or Website from visitors in this age group and will take prompt steps to delete any such personally identifiable information upon learning of it. If you are between the ages of 13 and 18, you may only use the Platform with your parent or legal guardian’s consent.
8. Does Your Website Respond to “Do Not Track” Signals?
9. Do You Comply with California’s “Shine the Light” Requests?
Yes. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 requires certain businesses to disclose, upon a written request, (i) a list of the kinds of personal information that the business has disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year, and (ii) the names and addresses of all of the third parties that received personal information from the business for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year, if any. Businesses must respond to such requests within 30 days, but they are only obligated to respond to one request from a customer in a calendar year.
If you live in California, you may request this disclosure by sending an e-mail request to <firstname.lastname@example.org> listing your name, address, and e-mail address. You must also specifically indicate the nature of your request by including the following language or language substantially similar to it: “I request that you send me your third-party information sharing disclosures as required by California Civil Code Section 1798.83.” Alternatively, you may mail your request to the address below.
10. Will You Delete My Personal Information Upon Request?
Yes. Upon request, we will delete your name and all other Personal Information from our databases. Please understand, however, that it may be impossible to remove this information completely, due to backups and records of deletions. In addition, please understand that, if you request deletion of your information, you will be unable to utilize associated features of the Platform.
3459 Apex Peakway
Apex, North Carolina 27502